Best for small must for all
Promote your Business
Home city guide about visnagar

About Visnagar

Visnagar is located at 23.7 degrees North and 72.55 degrees East in Mehsana in Gujarat. The town of Visnagar is known to have an average elevation of around 117 meters or 384 feet. There are important cities surrounding Visnagar, which include Patan, Mahudi, Ambaji, Taranga, Modhera, Vadnagar, etc. There was a time when Visnagar was referred to as the Copper City because there were a number of copper workers.

Profile of Visnagar

Demographics of Visnagar

According to the Indian Census of the year 2001, Visnagar was known to have a population of around 68,826 people. The males constitute around 53 percent of the entire population while the females constitute the rest 47 percent of the population. The rate of literacy of this town is around 77 percent which is a lot higher than the rate of literacy of the country, which is around 59.5 percent. The literacy rate of the males is around 82 percent and that of the females is 71 percent. The official language of this place is Gujarati and Hindi.

History of Visnagar

The name Visnagar originated from the name of the founder, who was King Visaldeva. He hailed from the Ajmer Dynasty. There was a tank that was discovered on the kingdom’s outpost and it was surrounding the DeliyaTalao. This tank was situated in a geographic location which was very strategic. This is why Visnagar faced a series of wars and all these wars were between Visnagar and Visaldeo, Ider Dynasty, the Gaikwad's, etc.

There were a number of freedom fighters who hailed from this place, and they did their work significantly to drive the British away. There were many noted teachers, drama artists, painters, and writers who belonged to Visnagar. With time, the town started developing significantly. Industries and real estate started growing. The medical facilities and the educational facilities started to improve. A number of people from different villages decided to come to Visnagar and build their permanent residency here.

Transport in Visnagar

Visnagar is connected to the different parts of the city with the help of the various kinds of transport facilities available here. This includes the road, rail, and air transports.

Rail Transport

The railway station that lies in close proximity to the town of Visnagar is the Visnagar Railway Station. There are many trains available from this station which allow the commuters to travel from one part of the city to another. The other railway stations that lie close to the town are the Mehsana Junction Railway Station and the BhanduMotidau Railway Station.

Road Transport

The State Transport Corporation buses are not available from this place. There are many other private buses which the people can take to move from one part of the town or the State to another. Private cars can also be hired by the people.

Air Transport

The nearest airport to the town of Visnagar is the Ahmedabad Airport or the SardarVallabhbhai Patel International Airport. There are no direct flights available for Visnagar, but one can easily reach Visnagar either by taking a train or by hiring private vehicles.

Tourism in Visnagar

Visnagar is undoubtedly one of the most interesting places that the tourists can visit in Gujarat. Tourists flock to this city to visit all the beautiful places for sightseeing.

Dhariya Lake

Dhariya Lake is a grand lake that is famous for all the exotic species of birds and other animals. This is a must visit place as it allows the people to connect with nature.


Gayatri Mandir is one of the holiest places in Visnagar and tourists flock to this place to seek blessings.

  • E-mail

Comments / Discussion Board - About Visnagar